cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to get warranty replacement for failed printhead

HP Recommended
HP 88 Printhead black/yellow
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replaced the black/yellow printhead for my HP Officejet Pro L7555 in October as print quality was deteriorating with the old one. Now the new printhead has failed. I performed all the troubleshooting functions but that did not solve the problem. The HP retailer I bought the printhead from told me I needed to contact HP for a warranty replacement of the printhead. I cannot find a way to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,328 1,411
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alfred55

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro L7555 Printer. I understand that you are getting printhead issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I had previously tried your method to get help but the support form would not recognize the failed printhead part number as a valid part. When I put in my printer model number I was told it was obsolete and was not given any options to deal with the bad printhead which was under warranty. I finally found a tech support number listed on another website which I called and was able to get my problem resolved. Customer support also gave me a number to call if I ever experienced another catch-22 like this again. I'll post it here in case othews experience the same issue.

1-800-474-6836

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation