Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3720 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THE EWS PASSWORD AND USERNAME RESET,

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE USER PASS, AND THERE IS NO STICKER WITH THE DEFAULT INFO ON THE PRINTER.

CAN I PLEASE GET THE SECRET HP HARD RESET METHODOLOGY PLEASE?

ADMIN SUPPORT PLS MESSAGE OR EMAIL ME

THANK YOU KINDLY

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JimmyAU 

Hello,

The firmware must be updated first if an older version is installed, else the reset will not be made.
Please update the printer's firmware: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3700/2125/DJ3700_2022A_2125B.exe.

You will need to follow the instructions below to solve this issue:

1. Turn off the printer.
  2. While applying power to the printer, press and hold the Color Copy () and Resume () buttons.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

It isn't working. If this is the correct way please be more specific with timing. or methodology of the reset.

Why is it so hard to reset HP products, its just the EWS user password needs resetting, i can't get in to the web interface.

Can someone offer a solution to this please, thank you kindly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.