cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to stop test pages permenantly in desk jet 2600

HP Recommended
deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My feeling very bad about how my printer uses my catridge ink liberally with printing too many test pages. I do not want them at all, but I could not find a way to cancel permenently. The softwaone HP uses is one of the least user friendly. Design does not make the concept of user friendliness but easiness to find a setting makes it perfect and unfortunately HP is not at that place. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,531 27,291 2,413 8,896
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gkalkanmd 

If you have not already done so, check / consider...

Printing Test Pages is normally a deliberate act, that is, you have to request these.

In the case of a printer without a text screen, test pages are printed using various buttons on the printer.

How-to Document

Printing Self-Test Pages

What else?

One way to determine what is going on is to read what is being printed.

If, for example, the "test" is actually an Alignment scan sheet, the printer wants you to complete the alignment (place sheet on printer glass and scan).

If the sheet is garbled, partial, or unreadable, this is not a "test" page, it is an error - perhaps caused by a bad wireless connection or an indication that the Firmware needs to be updated.

What else?

Read the  User Guide

At the least, read Chapter 8 - Solve a Problem - Starting on Page 75

What else?

Try using the Print and Scan Doctor to see if the doctor software can find any issues.

Print and Scan Doctor - Diagnostics - Printing  (Scroll down to see link)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2600 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation