Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20210319_230239.jpg

This message above displayed when i placed a paper in the scanner area to copy.It didn't send the image when i press copy.I sent scanned  copier to the coper before this happened .I'm not sure if it is a mechanical problem to where the parts aren't good or do i need to replace the printer.I can print and scan  the documents i need.I can't  make any  copies at all.It does say the The doucment feeder can't pick up the orignal.It says load the original in the document feeder and try again.It's not allowing me to post the picture.This is the error i'm getting to not copy since the copier isn't picking up the documents,.The  option is not working from scanner to copier.It's  ejects 1 paper as it were to print.Nothing prints when this error  displays.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried both solutions you suggested me to follow.Nothing worked at all.I tried  pressing the copy button with the adf error.All i know is  when i selected copy it sent 1 printer paper.Nothing was printed.All it did was eject the paper.I tried Factory  resetting the printer with no success on the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TheNwoLegend, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see that the automatic document feeder is not working. To assist you better, are you able to make copies from the flatbed scanner glass?

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Automatic document feeder does not pick paper or feeds too many sheets

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Now, try using the feeder to check the result.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried both solutions you suggested me to follow.Nothing worked at all.I tried  pressing the copy button with the adf error.All i know is  when i selected copy it sent 1 printer paper.Nothing was printed.All it did was eject the paper.I tried Factory  resetting the printer with no success on the problem.

HP Recommended

@TheNwoLegend

I'm afraid this is a hardware issue with the document feeder. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.