Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6230 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago, my HP Envy 6230 has become stuck loading on the HP start-up screen. The bar loads fully, and once full, printer simply does not start. I have tried a hard reset (i.e unplugging power cord, waiting and re-plugging), but still getting the same thing. 

My printer is not being identified by any other devices, and therefore I can't reinstall drivers/firmware.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Danny7107

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Plug the printer into a working wall outlet, and then test the Power button on the printer.

1. Make sure the power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

2. Press and release the Power button to start a Power On/Off cycle. Do not hold the button down.

NOTE: If you press and hold the Power button too long, the printer might turn on and then off without restarting. If this happens, press and quickly release the Power button again.
  3. If the printer does not turn on, wait 10 seconds, and then press the Power button again.

If the power indicator remains off,  I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake
Hi,

Sorry. I should have been clearer: my printer is turning on automatically when I plug it in. 

It is then loading onto a start-up screen with the HP logo and a loading bar. Once the bar has loaded, it goes no further.

20210408_200241553_iOS.jpg

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake
Hi,

Sorry. I should have been clearer: my printer is turning on automatically when I plug it in. 

It is then loading onto a start-up screen with the HP logo and a loading bar. Once the bar has loaded, it goes no further.

20210408_200241553_iOS.jpg

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Danny7107

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this: 

1. Make sure the printer is connected to the internet using a wireless or Ethernet connection. USB connections do not work.

2. On the printer, touch or press HP ePrint  icon or button, select Settings or Setup, and select the option to update the firmware.

f you do not have an HP ePrint icon, open the Setup, Service, or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools if necessary, and then select Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet Update.

3. Sign up or accept the terms of service if prompted, and then follow the instructions to turn on Web Services and set up automatic updates.

4. If the printer does not automatically check for an update, tap Check for Updates or a similar option.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thanks for getting back.

I'm unfortunately not able to access any menus, icons or other screens. It remains on the loading screen (as image attached previously) indefinitely.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.