Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I need help ASAP. I bought my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 printer from the Middle East and now i am using it from the Philippines. I'm having a hard time of buying the original 650 ink cartridge. And i searched that i am able to use the compatible ink cartridge 678. But it says the cartridge is not compatible. I searched again and turns out i need a request for Regionalization Reset to be able to use the compatible ink cartridge. Please help me fix it. Where can i get the region code of my HP printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @callme_anj,

I'd like to help!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

You need to contact hp technical support to get the code to change it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

How can i contact the Technical Support of Hp? Can someone give their email add? They're not responding to my emails. Idk if that is their real email address. I need the regional reset code ASAP. I hope you understand.

HP Recommended

Have you gone to the support website and opened a case that way? 

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/contact-hp 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I already got my case number 2 months ago. But they didn't take an action yet. Is that normal? Is there any other way to change the regional code of my printer to be able to use the alternative ink cartridge? Thank you

HP Recommended

@callme_anj

Welcome to the HP support community.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you do a complete uninstall and then re-install, the installation proce4ss will ask you your region. (I always say "Australia" to avoid any blocking of non-OEM cartridges.)

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

I've met the following conditions you gave me. Can you tell me the next steps? I'm glad you replied. Thank you

HP Recommended

If you followed the install process to its completion, then open "Control Panel" and clic on "Devices and Printers". If the printer shows up there, then it's installed and usable.

HP Recommended

@Enduser1 

the problem is it says that the ink is incompatible ink cartridges whenever i tried to print. so i need the reset code to use the alternative cartridges

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.