Hi, Please follow the steps below in order to automatically print two-sided print jobs:
1. Verify the duplex-printing accessory has been installed properly. To verify this open the System Preferences and go to Print & Fax. Open the print queue of your printer. Click on Printer Setup and from the tab menu choose Driver. Verify the box next to HP Two-sided Printing Accessory (Duplexer) is checked.
2. From the file used to print click the File menu and select Print. NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Press on Show Details to show any available print option.
3. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. Check the box. NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.
4. To select the binding type click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit) Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
5. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.
6. Set the Two-Sided option as Long-Edge binding (Portrait), or Short-Edge binding (landscape).
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post. If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".