Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Surface

Hi, 

an extremely frustrated user - any help gratefully received. I have bought a new HP DeskJet Plus 4122 and connected it to the wifi and my Surface, but I cannot print (almost) anything from the Surface when I try to.

I have run some reports like the Printer Status Report, or the Print Quality Diagnostic directly from the app that I have downloaded to my Surface (HP Smart app), these reports print, but I cannot print anything else.

Also, when I try to print a Word document, I am not given this option - only PDF, Photos etc, and even when I try to print one of these options (to try and see what is going on), it just gives me an 'error' problem on the print queue, or it sits on the print queue with no indication as to when and if it will start printing.

I've literally spent hours trying to solve this myself but cannot - anyone got any ideas to help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried running the Windows printer troubleshoot?

Is the 4122 set as the default printer?

Is the Windows up to date?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi *lives - thanks for taking time to reach out. I've done all that you mentioned already - no joy....

HP Recommended

Can you ping the printer IP?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.