Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just got this printer yesterday. I'm trying to print 4 X 6 photos from the 4 X 6 & 5 X 7 tray. I have the 4 X 6 paper loaded correctly. Every time I try to print, it prints the 4  X 6 photo on plain 8 X 11 paper. I would like to talk with someone at HP, but can't find a number to call for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have to TELL printer to use its photo tray or use HP Photo Creations software (it comes with your printer) to print.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Photo Creations  is also a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Tip: Installing the full-feature drivers for your printer may help as well. For example, our 7510 printer offers more paper size choices when the full-feature drivers are installed.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Ok, how do I TELL my printer to use the photo print tray? Is the HP photo creations program on the CD that came with the printer? I didn't use that, as I downloaded the program for the internet as the instructions suggested.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion to use HP Photo Creations! I was able to print to the 4 X 6 photo paper.

Best regards, Dacksy

HP Recommended

Great! Glad it worked out.

In addition to standard photos, you can also use HP Photo Creations to print greeting cards, collages, and other projects on 4x6 paper.

Cheers,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

This means that the HP driver can't use any other application other than the Photo Creations to print? That means the HP drivers suck! I down loaded the Photo Creations S/W and it wants to create a project and do things I don't want to do. I just want the printer to print a single copy when I ask it. Too much work to get the printer to print!

HP Recommended

I have had the printer for a few months and it prints to 8x10's but not to photo paper. Tried photo creations and it will give an error to load paper into the tray. After several power on/off cycles and telling OK to try again, read 20 minutes of BS to get the printer to finally see the paper and print. This is more than just an application problem this is a printer driver problem too!

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Roost31,

I understand you are having some trouble printing out photos. I will certainly do my best to help you, however, I am going to ask that you please let me know some more helpful information to help me research the problem for you.

Please respond to me with the following. If there are any steps here that you have not tried, please try them before responding and include the result in your reply back to me:

Which printer model do you have?
How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
What is the Operating System of the computer?
Have you tried printing from different programs?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results.
Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
Do you see any error messages or codes, and if so, what are they saying and where do you see them?

Thank you. 

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.