Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer suddenly stopped acknowledging the internet / wifi.  I have reset and unplugged EVRYTHING!  I was able to print via USB cable but now it stopped because my usage is supposed to be tracked by this particular printer,  I have tried to set up the wif-fi more times than I can count over the last week

The HP help page keeps saying it can't be loaded yet I can access everything else on the PC internet

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tcpt

Welcome to the HP support community.

Restore network settings to default settings.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu.

2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu.

3. Select Restore Defaults.

4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Connect the printer using Wireless Setup Wizard

1. Press the Wireless button from the printer control panel, and then select Settings.

2. Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the wireless connection.

4. Insert the printer software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.