Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Community!

I seem to have forgotten my EWS password, without which advanced setup features are unavailable (including factory reset).

I have been using the printer for two years with no issues, but when I needed to change something non-trivial in printer setup, I was sent into EWS and discovered I don't know the password to my own printer.   I guess I must have set it some time ago, but my notes are no help.

This is  a screen shot from EMW (Embedded Web Server) in which I try to access "Restore Factory Defaults", but get denied with the message "Password Protected Feature".    
Password Protect Feature.jpg

It suggests I sign on.  I tried signing on with the default credentials admin/12345678, but that didn't work.
I tried numerous other credentials, pass codes, and passwords, but I cannot get in.
I tried  configuring the printer anew with HP Smart and HP Support Assistant and 123.hp.com/dj2622.   No change here.
I tried various magic button "COLD" reset (eg: unplug printer from everything, then hold power button down for 30 seconds) but those don't see to have changed anything.   The web has numerous hokey-sounded factory reset invocations, and I gamely tried a lot of them.   No joy.

I am still able to use the printer while connected via USB cable
I can even go into the printer's EWS and stare at the menus (which is how I got that screen shot), but  I cannot perform any activities in EWS.   So, that means no getting the printer on the network at  all.

What do I need?   Several things might help:
(1) is there a way to see the EWS user/password?
(2) is there a way to reset/remove the EWS admin account?
(3) is there something else I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
However, anything that requires access to EWS won't work now

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.