Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer Aspire 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OfficeJet 4650 printer and I am unable to print a word document.

I get a "File format error" message" that says "The file could not be opened because it is either corrupt or has an incorrect format."

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I am running Microsoft Windows 10, not sure if it is 32 or 64 bit.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Cisom ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

@Cisom wrote:
... I am running Microsoft Windows 10, not sure if it is 32 or 64 bit.

Little help for you: Is Windows on my computer 32-bit or 64-bit? 

@Cisom wrote:

... unable to print a word document.

I get a "File format error" message" that says "The file could not be opened because it is either corrupt or has an incorrect format."

What is the name of the extension of this Word document?

Can this document be opened with MS Office Word and saved under a different name (new name)?
Does the same error occur when the file is printed with the new name?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.