Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 6978

I keep getting the same error, and I think it has something to do with faulty instant ink, so I am not sure how to resolve this.  THere doesn't seem to be tech support with HP once your printer is out of warranty : (  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dlynette,

I'd like to help!

Step 1: Make sure the cartridge access door is closed

This error can occur if the cartridge access door is not fully closed. Make sure the door is closed.

1. Open the cartridge access door.

Opening the cartridge access door

2. Remove the paper path cover, and remove any torn paper, labels, or other obstruction that might be inside.

Checking the cartridge door for obstructions

3. Reinsert the paper path cover, making sure it is fully inserted into the printer so that it does not interfere with closing the access door.

4. Close the door, ensuring it is fully seated.

Step 2: Clear the error message

1. Press the power button to turn off the printer.

2. With the printer off, open the cartridge access door.

Opening the cartridge access door

3. Turn the power on and wait for the carriage to move.

4. With the printer on, unplug the printer from power.

5. Remove the ink cartridges and set them aside. It might be necessary to manually slide the carriage to access the cartridges.

6. With the access door still open, turn the printer on, and then wait for the printer to complete the start-up sequence.

7. Once the error has cleared and the carriage moves to the center of the opening, install the cartridges. If the error does not clear, repeat these steps until the error no longer displays.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.