Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
oj5212
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've downloaded the drivers and software for my new OJ5212 printer a dozen times.  I've opened the download and activated the installation.  I've manually entered my router password directly into the printer and it has accepted it.  The printer icon appears.  But when I go to print I get the message that I need to have a printer to do so.  I now see that since my OS is Windows I need to order an installation CD by going to www.hp.com/support/oj5200.  I'm there now but I don't see anywhere that I can order one.  When I called for support I talked to someone at 123.hp.com who appears to be a third party tech support who told me I needed a new firewall, and wanted to sell me one at the bargain price of $599.00.  If anyone at HP actually sees this I want them to know that if this is EASY START it sucks, and they should be ashamed of themselves for making it so difficult to install this simple printer.  I've purchased a dozen printers over the past 25 years, including at least 3 other HPS and have NEVER had this kind of grief and aggravation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is the 5212 set as the default printer?

You do not need a CD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.