Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
office jet 4632
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP printer was working fine until I joined the HP ink club.  HPink sent me the larger cartridges and now I cant print.  I'v done everything, reinstall, clean, test print...which does fine.  I have to shut down the printer and restart to try and trick the printer before it reconizes the bad cartridge.  The virtual assistant is a joke!!!!   I want to call and get this fixed or remove me from the HPink club.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @beccaicu2,

Have you tried printing using a different ink cartridge? Does the issue persist?

Check the ink levels on your printer and replace the low, empty or faulty ink cartridges.

Clean the electrical contacts on the ink cartridges.

Remove, inspect, and then reseat the ink cartridges

Follow these steps to make sure the ink cartridges are inserted correctly.

1. Press the Power button to turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Locate the slots on the left and right sides of the printer.

Image: Locate the slots on the sides of the printer.

3. Slide your fingers into the two slots, and then gently lift up to open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the ink cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

Image: Open the ink cartridge access door.

4. To release the ink cartridge, lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot, and then gently push the lid back until it stops.

5. Pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

1. Lift the lid

2. Gently push the lid back

3. Pull up on the ink cartridge

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Image:  Do not touch the contacts or nozzle.

6. Remove any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles.

Image:  Remove any protective tape on the nozzles.

CAUTION: 

Do not try to remove the copper-colored electrical strip.

7. Hold the ink cartridge at a slight upward angle with the ink cartridge contacts facing the rear of the printer, slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot, and then close the lid on the cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge in place.

NOTE: 

Insert the color ink cartridge in the slot on the left. Insert the black ink cartridge in the slot on the right.

1. Insert the ink cartridge

2. Close the lid

3. The color ink cartridge is on the left, and the black ink cartridge is on the right

8. Repeat the previous steps to remove and then reseat the other ink cartridge.

9. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Close the ink cartridge access door.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink cartridge errors on the printer. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please share few details in a private message, So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping Address-

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.