cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Incompatible ink cartridge

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600

Our cyan ink ran out and we went to put in a new 951 cyan cartridge and we are getting that same message with every cartridge in this box.  The box is HP 950xl and 951 color combo pack.  The package shows HP OfficeJet 8600 on the ink package but yet the printer .  The message coming up on my computer states "the cartridges listed above are not intended for use in this printer as it is currently configured.    Since these are the cartridges that are supposed to be in this printer...is there a way to reconfigure or reset?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
385 375 23 104
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would run through the steps in this doc. If these steps still don't resolve the issue, there might be an issue with the ink cartridges.

An 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges,' or 'Ink Cartridge Problem' Error Message ...

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
0 Kudos
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Southland,

How long ago did you purchase these cartridges and where did you purchase them?

riley-m

I am a HP employee, but I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP

Please click the Kudos Star if my post helped you

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
10 10 2 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP Support Forum

* Always make sure you are using HP original ink cartriges and not refilled

* Check the expiration date of the cartriges as well

* Always as basic please try disconnecting the printer whe it is still on by removing the power cable from the back, leave the printer disconnected for around 30 secs and the plug it back in.

* remove and shake all the cartriges and reinstall them back again

* also make sure printer is connected directly to the outlet in the wall and avoid power strips

* If you can access the Embed web server of the printer with the IP address you can also try going to supply policy option and turn on the store usage data. restart the printer and try one more time

* If none of this options you can also opt by going to the store you purchase the cartriges and try them on other same model printer or request and exchange.

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation