Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PhotoSmart C310 All in One

Hello.

I've been troubleshooting an issue with my C310 for months whereby it doesn't respond to any of the troubleshooting steps.  I'm no longer interested in fixing this device (I've lost way too many hours on it), but I DO want to retrieve the FULL ink cartridges that are in it.  I was given a functioning printer - same exact model - so I would like to move the ink from old to new printer.  However the ink carriage will not move - it is stuck under the housing on the right side of the printer.  

Does anyone know a trick to release the carraige, short of cracking the housing open?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@N207, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Ideally speaking it is not possible to remove cartridges from the printer if the carriage is stuck.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@N207, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Ideally speaking it is not possible to remove cartridges from the printer if the carriage is stuck.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, that's unfortunate, but I guess it leaves me no choice but to crack open the housing.  Seems a shame, but perhaps the machine can still be recycled for parts.  Thank you for your response.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.