cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
slandch
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ink problem

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer says I'm out of black ink so I installed a brand new black cartridge 564XL which I've done a dozen times before with no problems now it's not printing black at all.  The 1st few pages were streaky, now I know it's because it was using what little ink was left behind on the printer from the last cartridge.  I did head clean and remove and replaced the cartridge numberus times and I'm still geting blank paper.  I had another brand new HP cartridge (bought a 3 pack) so I installed that brand new one.  Still the same white paper in, white paper out!!!  I'm relocating to another state so I was going to buy a new one atter I'm move.  Of course this weekend I have so much paper work to do but really don't want to go out and rush out to buy a new printer and have to move yet another item! 

Any advice?  thanks

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,760 25,640 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@slandch

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6500 Printer. I understand that it does not print in black and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Check the print settings.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button () until Print Report displays, and then press OK.

2. Press the Right Arrow button () to select Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The report prints.

Figure : Example print quality report

Check the test page for defects.

Make sure that the cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly.

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

Clean the printhead manually.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation