Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased all new CMYK ink, installed. CYM is printing fine. Black is not printing at all. I've gone through all the steps, cleaning the printhead, checking settings, downloading new software. It says my firmware's up to date. I'm not getting messages in the EWS. Aligning the printhead fails and it tells me to clean the printhead. $80 of brand new ink and my kid can't print her homework in a pandemic. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@angerhardt

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black after replacing the cartridges.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you able to a make a copy in black?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

NOTE: Ignore the steps you have already performed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

...and now, after cleaning the printhead 3 times, I'm low on my BRAND NEW Cyan ink. I'm getting an Epson refillable.

HP Recommended

@angerhardt

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black after replacing the cartridges.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you able to a make a copy in black?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

NOTE: Ignore the steps you have already performed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the steps in this article 3 times before I posted. It doesn't print black with a copy. It does not print black in ANY situation. I wasted an entire cartridge of cyan printing test pages and cleaning the printhead. I have given up and purchased a refillable ink printer. I need something reliable for my family's online school effort. Feel free to close this ticket. 

HP Recommended

@angerhardt

If the copy option is also not working, that confirms a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support to check the available service options for your printer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.