Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm an Instant Ink customer and my printer was working fine earlier but after turning on again tonight I'm getting the message:

Cartridge Problem

Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed.

The icon is indicating the Black cartridge is faulty. 

Please note I have tried the 'printer reset' steps (unplugging from the wall when turned on and waiting 60 seconds), I've also removed the black cartridge and cleaned it, waited 10 minutes and put back in, reset a second and third time and the message still appears.

Please note that the Virtual Agent does not help in this situation because the printer is out of warranty you cannot get any further - useless! 

Please could someone send out a new black cartridge for me? It would be much appreciated. Please also pass on the feedback regarding the Virtual Agent who can't help an Instant Ink customer if their printer is out of warranty!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To answer my own question I found a phone number here in the UK for Instant Ink support:

Make sure you try all the steps I did (resetting the printer, taking out the cartridge, cleaning the contacts, waiting 10 minutes before replacing etc) and then they can help. I've got a new cartridge being shipped out to me.

I still hope the online Agent can be improved for Instant Ink customers who do not own a printer with a warranty! It's the Ink service we're paying for - not the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.