Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I got my new printer yesterday, and only printed 31 a4 pages, its now saying its out of ink.

I am a member of instant ink on the 300 page per month

But as i only got my printer yesterday (friday) not much good if ran out already

How long before i will get my new inks please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Psmith1958. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are a part of the Instant Ink program and are getting a low ink warning. I would like to help. 

Normally the ink arrives before you run out. Though this normally does not take in to account that someone is going to run out of ink in a day. With most printers, when you enroll in Instant Ink, it takes up to 10 business days to receive the initial Welcome kit. The welcome kit consists of cartridges that are different from those purchased in the stores. Normally the service (and billing) does not start until one of the cartridges from the welcome kit is installed in the printer. In this situation I would recommend purchasing a non subscription cartridge. You can then hold off on using the subscription cartridge (and the billing cycle) until the ink is needed. 

Then there is the other hand. Some printers (including some Envy 5540's) Have Instant Ink cartridges already in the box. This means that the service can start right away. Again, normally ink arrives in time, but if you have used all your ink within the first two days of owning the printer, it's a bit hard to get the ink to you that quick. You can always log into your Instant Ink account, and click on the Activity tab. Here you will see a shipping option. You can then track the ink cartridges. If you have a large project coming up you can always reach out to the Instant Ink team and request extra cartridges. 

I'm wondering about the ink cartridges in your printer. They should have been good for roughly 190 pages. Are you printing a lot of pictures/photos? This could account for the ink lasting only a day or two. Thankfully the Instant Ink cartridges (labelled 61/301) have a much higher page yield.

If you need to call, the phone numbers can be found here. You can also send a Tweet from your Instant Ink account dash board. 

Hope this answered your question. If it did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Psmith1958. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are a part of the Instant Ink program and are getting a low ink warning. I would like to help. 

Normally the ink arrives before you run out. Though this normally does not take in to account that someone is going to run out of ink in a day. With most printers, when you enroll in Instant Ink, it takes up to 10 business days to receive the initial Welcome kit. The welcome kit consists of cartridges that are different from those purchased in the stores. Normally the service (and billing) does not start until one of the cartridges from the welcome kit is installed in the printer. In this situation I would recommend purchasing a non subscription cartridge. You can then hold off on using the subscription cartridge (and the billing cycle) until the ink is needed. 

Then there is the other hand. Some printers (including some Envy 5540's) Have Instant Ink cartridges already in the box. This means that the service can start right away. Again, normally ink arrives in time, but if you have used all your ink within the first two days of owning the printer, it's a bit hard to get the ink to you that quick. You can always log into your Instant Ink account, and click on the Activity tab. Here you will see a shipping option. You can then track the ink cartridges. If you have a large project coming up you can always reach out to the Instant Ink team and request extra cartridges. 

I'm wondering about the ink cartridges in your printer. They should have been good for roughly 190 pages. Are you printing a lot of pictures/photos? This could account for the ink lasting only a day or two. Thankfully the Instant Ink cartridges (labelled 61/301) have a much higher page yield.

If you need to call, the phone numbers can be found here. You can also send a Tweet from your Instant Ink account dash board. 

Hope this answered your question. If it did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Many thanks, my subscription started as soon as i put in the cartrages

Ill contact the team in the morning

Again thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.