Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2131
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I had bought the HP Deskjet 2131 last year from Flipkart, and the cartridge which came with it is over. I bought a refill but it seems that the cartridge which comes with the printer by default (803) is Single use only.

Can somebody please confirm this, that I should not try to fill the existing default cartridge but buy a new cartridge also instead of just the refill?

Thanks,

Mayank

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mayankeagle

Welcome to HP support community.

Refer this HP document for assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, that link is a document on Dynamic security whereas my question is whether my original cartridge (which comes with the printer by default) is single use or not.

HP Recommended

@Mayankeagle

The cartridges which you got with the printer is for setting up the printer.

If its the cartridge shows empty after setup, you will have to replace the cartridges.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

I did buy the new 803 cartridge from Amazon, but even that says "single use only". Are all 803 cartridges single-use only or can I buy the refill ink and use it on the new cartridge once it is over?

Alternately, is there another cartridge that goes with this printer (Deskjet 2131) which is not single-use? 

HP Recommended

@Mayankeagle

You can buy the cartridges from HP shopping website:- Click here

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.