Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B210 series printer
iOS

Is the HP Photosmart Plus B210 series printer compatible with Apple AirPrint?  The VERY comprehensive list of printers which are compliant with AirPrint, which is listed on the Apple Support website, does not include this model.  Apple says this list is updated monthly with information supplied by manufacturers.

My problem is that my Photosmart Plus B210a printer is connected to my home WiFi network wirelessly.  My printer prints and scans perfectly with my two wirelessly connected, Windows 10 PCs, which are recent-model Dell laptops.  This would suggest that the printer is properly connected to the WiFi network.  HOWEVER, when I try to print from either my iPhone6, iPad or MacBook Pro, I get a message saying "Printer is busy" and the printer does not respond.  My iOS devices can see the printer, and the printer comes up as a print option from the in-use app, but the printer does not respond.  One simple solution would be that the printer is NOT AirPrint compatible.  I would like someone at HP to confirm whether this is the case, or not.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If your printer isn't listed then it's not compatible, the list is updated with new products released, not with old ones.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Valsimot.  I take your point that Apple updates its list as new printers are released, not with old printers, and mine is an old printer.  Since I posted my question, I have found the following reference on the HP Support website: HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base; HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions compatible with HP Printers.  This reference can be found at: support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03722645#FAQ_AirPrint.  This page provides a comprehensive list, published by HP, of printers which are AirPrint-enabled.  My Photosmart Plus series B210 is on the list, so I will accept that my printer is AirPrint enabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.