Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart c410 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old HP Photosmart c410 All in One printer. Unfortunately I bought cheap replacement cartridges on Amazon and regret that now. It uses the 564 series print cartridges.  I am now getting a 0xc19a00200 error on startup. It used to print beautiful photos, which is about all I used it for.  I hate to buy a new photo printer now. The printhead is definitely removable. I found a replacement print head on Amazon, which appears to be identical to the one in my printer. Has anyone had any luck replacing the printhead on this particular printer? If so, where did you find a replacement. Since the printer is about 10 years old, HP no longer supports it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom (HP Retiree)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can find that printhead in hp parts store if you search for CN642A

HP recommend for printhead replacement to use a set on full new original ink cartridge for propper printhead initialization.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can find that printhead in hp parts store if you search for CN642A

HP recommend for printhead replacement to use a set on full new original ink cartridge for propper printhead initialization.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. For that price I will probably order a newer printer. Who knows what else can go wrong with a 10 year old printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.