cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
katereedy
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

KRACK Patch for Envy 7640

HP Recommended
Envy 7640

When will the patch for the KRACK vulnerability be issued for the Envy 7640 printer?  How will it be distributed? Thanks for your help. - Kate

6 REPLIES 6
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,519
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's not a printer issue.  It's a router issue.

0 Kudos
mbkitmgr1
Level 2
7 4 0 6
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ditto here.  I am an IT contractor that has about 30 odd HP printers/mfd's connected via Wifi across different clients.

We have begun the process of patching devices and need to know the timetable for a patch for these device types.  Can you advise?

Tags (1)
BeegeBug
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My understanding of the vulnerability was that it's both sides of communication. So yes, routers/access points are impacted, but also any device that communicates via WPA2 - i.e. Printers. 

Tags (1)
mbkitmgr1
Level 2
7 4 0 6
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are correct

katereedy
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoke with HP customer support today.  The very helpful and informative representative told me that the updated software is available.  However, it is very new and not yet generally available.  The offer was made to install the updates to drivers on pc and printer for $120.    As I paid only slightly more than that for the printer, I probably will not pursue further.  He did warn that it may takes months before the updates are generally available.

Tags (2)
mbkitmgr1
Level 2
7 4 0 6
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think HP need to address this a lot faster.

I have received tested updates for other brands of multifunction, and the issue has existed since Aug 2017.  My understanding too is that being a part of the Wifi stack its a chnage that should not affect printing or the transport of data.

Come on HP as a pro customer I expected better than this response.  We have Wireless connected HP devices, and while ever the vulnerability exists these are now legacy device on our LAN's.  It also not practical to run cables when its the responsibility of the manufacturer to fix this.

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation