cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
RodLam
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

LaserJet Pro M15w power LED flashes constantly

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M15w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon powering on the device:

- the power, attention and wi-fi LEDs illuminate solid for 1 second

- all LEDs turn off

- the attention LED flashes once and turns off

- the power LED begins to flash non-stop.

The driver installation software from HP's website fails to recognize the presence of the device once the USB cable is connected when prompted.

After connecting the USB cable, Windows 10's Control Panel > Devices & Printers  attempts to recognize the device and reports it as a HP Laserjet 3020.

What options do I have to return this device to a usable state?

Thank you in advance.

The factory reset sequence described in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Factory-Reset-needed-LaserJet-Pro-M15W/... does not work

2 REPLIES 2
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I guess the printer is too hot to continue printing.

Kindly try below steps...

• Unplug the power cord from back of the printer.
  • Disconnect all the cables connected to the printer ( USB cable etc )
  • On PC, download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools    clear the print Jobs in the queue.
  • Restart the PC. 
  • Do not turn on the printer for 30 minutes.
  • After 30 minutes, Power On the printer , connect the USB cable to printer and computer and now try printing. It should work.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
RodLam
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My apologies for the delayed response.

If I'm not mistaken, the Attention & Power LEDs should flash together to indicate a "too hot" condition according to HP's documentation. The printer is not overheating.  It's been sitting unplugged for several weeks. The Power LED is the only one still flashing once power is applied to the device.

There are no print jobs to clear as I cannot install the printer drivers to send a print job to the device. The drivers do not recognize there is a device connected via USB

Are there any other troubleshooting options available?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation