Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3755
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Like many other people, I have lost the username and password for the Embedded Web Server (EWS) for my DeskJet 3755. Everything on the EWS is currently locked and requires being logged in to change (this includes Restore Factory Defaults and Restore Network Settings).

I have tried restoring network settings (by holding the wireless button and the cancel button), but this has done nothing to unlock the Embedded Web Server. There is no "admin" username with a blank password.

How can I reset the username and password for the EWS?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Massi_Cav 

I have gone through your post and would like to help

You can try resetting the Network Settings on the printer

Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button for 10 seconds to reset the network settings

If you are still facing the same issue after the reset, please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I said I already tried to reset the wifi settings but I didn't solve it. I don't need to change the network settings, I need to reset the User and password of "Embedded Web Server", how do I do it? Thk

HP Recommended

@Massi_Cav

Since the HP DeskJet 3755 doesn't have a control panel screen, you will not be able to perform a Semi Full Reset

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.