Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer

I recently replaced all the cartridges in my OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer with brand new HP original cartridges (952). It has only been 2 weeks and I have printed around 20 pages. I received a low ink alert for my yellow and cyan cartridges. My magenta cartridge only had 200 pages left. I have not printed enough to deplete my ink supply. 

I have restarted the printer many times. I have also removed the cartridges from the printer and placed them back into their respective slots with no avail. The firmware is up to date. 

Please advise.   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ld123

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I understand that I can still print with low cartridges.

It seems like there is an issue with these cartridges since they are new and reading low ink. My concern is that I spent $100 on new cartridges, which should be able to print around 700 pages, but they contained enough ink to print less than 50 pages. That's a pretty massive rip off for the price point. 

If this is the only solution I will receive from customer service, I will return the cartridges and buy third party cartridges instead. 

HP Recommended

@ld123

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.