Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw

Every time I go to print something 2 sided, the printer will start up, start printing and then half way through give a message stating “printing failure if error repeats turn off and back on again”. I did this 4 times. Even unplugged it 2 more times. It still will act like it’s printing but only print the bottom half of the second page. If I print a single page at a time, no issues. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Entertain365

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that your HP LaserJet Pro M252 does not print two sided and gives error "printing failure if error repeats turn off and back on again".

Please download and install the firmware update on the computer connected to the printer from this Link

You may also refer to this document to know how to update the firmware.

Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I did all the steps above and the issue persists. I think it’s just time for a new printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.