cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

M476dw Persistent "Jam in output bin. Open rear door and clear jam" error

HP Recommended
M476dw

This printer has a permanent  "Jam in output bin. Open rear door and clear jam" error that will not go away. There is no jam and there never was. When the error first started you could open and close the rear access and it would go away until after the next print job. However, over time this worked less and less until now it doesn't work at all. 

I've tried all of the standard steps posted by HP staff about resetting it, checking paper tray, powering off and on etc so it is clearly either a damaged sensor or something blocked one of them. Upon looking very closely at the rear access area I cannot see any visible damage or dirt. 

I've seen a couple of posts including this one referencing the sensor flags, but I'm not sure if I can find them. This is the closest thing I can find to the description in the linked post. This paper guide has one of these white bits on either end that moves up and down, and the left one does pop out very slightly when pressed in. However, when the printer is closed up these aren't pushed down so I can't see it being that. 

IMG_2953.JPG

Is anyone able to advise what the issue might be? I'm at a complete loss. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,097 6,047 651 1,543
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are the sensor locations

Repairatrooper_1-1601059064800.png

Repairatrooper_2-1601059086596.png

Check the fuser closely to ensure there is not a page wrapped around it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Am I right in thinking this is SR8?

385BC7AB-2AE3-47C3-87BF-D8160362912B.jpeg

It’s the only sensor I can find and it’s clear. I’m struggling to figure out how to access the fuser and closer.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation