Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm experiencing multiple M608 / E60165 series printers in a variety of network environments at multiple customer locations all having the same symptom. Printers will go to sleep and never wake. Typically the screen will be black, print job will not wake the printer, users will walk up to he printer and touch the home button, screen may light up and display whatever the home screen is set to,  but it will be locked up and printer has to be rebooted. Firmware ranges anywhere from 4.8-5.4. The ones I've been on site to troubleshoot I have updated to 5.4 but the issue persists. I have tried disabling the sleep feature, set wake times, tried a variety of sleep settings.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this? Thanks!

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is of no help to you but we have not seen this issue across our customer base. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Feedback from you is helpful, including this 🙂 I have an E60165 at my shop here I brought back for troubleshooting that's doing it. It's on 5.4. and about 15 machines spread out over the state all doing the same thing. devices range in age 1-3 years.

Within 24 hours of rebooting, they go to sleep and just never wake up. My test printer here will not wake to a print job, but will have the control panel light up as described when manually pressed, but just be unresponsive. totally locked up. No fuser rotations or fan noises etc... so i'm leaning towards dc controllers first.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Before going through a hardware change, I suggest you format the drive or emmc on the printer and install a fresh copy of the firmware. I would also run the diagnostics from the pre-boot menu to eliminate any hardware issues.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.