Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP COMPUTER/ WINDOWS 10 64-BIT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble.  I can't get my computer to recognize my printer.  I have viewed other post that have HAD similiar problems but I still can't get my printer to work. 

I have tried to enter my IP address in the browser, doesn't work.

I need help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MOCMOC23101

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer and it does not recognize the printer over the network. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Is the printer able to communicate with other devices/computers in the network?

Did any software changes or updates happened after which the printer was not detected?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Please ensure that the printer is connected to the wireless network. You may run a wireless setup wizard on the printer by following steps:

The above steps will ensure that the printer is connected to the wireless network. You may run the printer software again and the printer should now be detected. 

In case the problem persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have done all of that many times.  Nothing is connecting.  What else can I do

HP Recommended

@MOCMOC23101

Thanks for replying. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts. Kudos to you for that.

Let me know if the printer is detected if connected via a USB cable. This will help to determine if it is a drivers issue.

In case the printer works fine via USB connection then we can convert it from a USB to a wireless connection. The steps from this HP document will help you achieve this. 

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep me posted.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
Computer still doesn't recognize printer. Even with USB connection.
HP Recommended

@MOCMOC23101

Thanks for replying with the results.

Just to be sure that the printer drivers are not causing this to happen, let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

You may also download and update the firmware on your printer via this link. The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware is installed successfully.

If the printer continues to not work then you may create a new user account in Windows and then install the printer  in the new user account. Please refer to "Creating a new account" from this HP document.

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.