Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 100 color MFP M175mw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a LaserJet 100 color MFP M175 printer.
Today when I went to print I didn't realize there was a little plastic bag on the top of my paper tray.
When I printed the printer pulled the first sheet of paper and the plastic bag. The plastic bag got stuck and is now melted inside the top of the printer probably the heating roller (don't know the name) How do I disassemble my printer to get to the roller and remove the plastic bag?

The printer is fine - and I don't want a new.
Anybody who can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I concur with @Valsimot , you need a manual in order to take it apart. The good news is I have had clients do this exact same thing and the plastic used in bags normally does. not cause any permanent damage and hopefully you will be able to remove it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

it's impossible to explain in words, you need to get a service manual and start disassembly step by step ad described in the service manual. 

You can find a service manual for older printers free online if you search, and you can always buy one online for a low amount.

It's not going to be an easy fix on M175 it all depends where the plastic bag is stuck and if melted how much.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I concur with @Valsimot , you need a manual in order to take it apart. The good news is I have had clients do this exact same thing and the plastic used in bags normally does. not cause any permanent damage and hopefully you will be able to remove it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have found a Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02776822
But can't find anywhere a guide to take the printer apart, or any refference to open up to the "heating" drum in top  - just under the scanner.
I can see a bit of the plastic in there, but not find a way in.
And I don't dare to turn the printer on, to read an error code - if the would help in any way.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Just to let everyone know - I got the plastic out.
And we didn't even have to take the printer apart, we could pull it out from the back.
The Printer is working perfect again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.