Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DJ 3755
iOS

Even after I choose business envelopes in options it only prints 4x6 format and very, very small font.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Prdc 

Interesting - I've never tried to print envelopes in iOS.

That said, whatever software you are using to "select options" is probably not translating to what the printer thinks is going on with the paper.

Try / Consider:

Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Note:  This option is not applicable to printers connected via a USB printer cable (no network connection).

If the printer is on the network,

If the EWS feature is supported on your printer,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to view / configure your printer.

NOTE:  Laser printer options in EWS are very different from those offered in InkJet Printers.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down menu, Select Custom (likely the last selection in the list)

NOTE:  EWS is also available in HP Smart

Open HP Smart Mobile

Settings wheel > Add / Set Up a Printer > Advanced

Example - HP Smart - iOS - Main Menu

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_5HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_5

What else?

Not sure what you are doing - if you are trying to print an "image" onto an envelope that contains your address information, the printer might default to the 4x6 image / photo print size regardless of what you tell it.  ??

This is very much easier using Windows and probably MacOS, too.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I’m using my iPad Pro with my DJ 3755 air printer. It is an OS 14.3

HP Recommended

@Prdc 

OK.. I don't have any additional advice.

Mainly, the printer must know the paper AND accept it for the type of job you are doing.

Assuming that is done (printer paper / envelope set in Tray and Paper management), then the rest is getting the job configured so the printer will actually print on the envelope in the manner you wish.

Yeah, but...

I've simply never created envelopes using iOS.

Were I do to so, I suspect my experience would be different... I've have to think about how I'd do that.

I think I might use Pages...  ?

We have very different printers (I have an Officejet Pro 9025).

Sorry - I print a lot of envelopes of various kinds - but I always use Windows.

Different animal.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am using Pages. I also tried simple docs app. Neither has worked. Maybe download Windows docs?

HP Recommended

Dragon, can you recommend a windows prog for iPad?

HP Recommended

@Prdc 

See here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-office/id541164041

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help Dragon Fur.

Prdc_0-1609528338140.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.