Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6252
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well this was a problem identifed in March 2018 on this forum where it was suggested that I update the firmware after I am sucessful getting the printer to get to the home screen. Well I may not be a technician but that is idiotic as how am i going to get to the home screen when the silly printer does not get all the way thru the start up.  So I will wait to see if another tech can help me with a better solution to this problem.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sigsecone

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums,

It’ll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query.

I understand that your printer screen is frozen and you are unable to access any other options on the printer. 

To fix this issue, try printer reset:
Turn on the printer.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
   NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
 Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
Try to print.

If issue persists, reset the printer to factory settings. 

I'm going to send you a private message with the information required to perform the factory reset. The only reason why we are utilizing the instructions over the private message as these instructions are specific to your printer model.

To check your private message, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.