Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
iOS

My HP Envy 4500 has stopped printing. Whenever I start a print job al that happen is that a message appears in the display, ”Printing”.  Then nothing more happens. I have restarted the printer, printed  from HP Smart and the standard Print function in iOS, troed to print PDF, documents from Pages and Numbers. Nothing seems to work. Two weeks ago when I last printed everything worked just fine. Not even the test page from the sttings menu in the printer works. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daddyvoice, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

When you try printing the test page from the printer control panel, do you get a blank page?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Go to Setup > Tools > Update the printer

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Check the estimated ink levels, replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report, and then evaluate the results.

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The printer prints the test page.

For more info on resolving print quality issues, refer to - Black Ink Not Printing and other Print Quality Issues

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.