cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Envy 5032 will only print at the top of the page on certain types of paper.

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I run a  prints business and have been using my HP Envy 5032 printer to print out my art prints. This printer was recommended to me to use for this type of work. 

I use 250gsm card and I've never had a problem with it printing. My usual supply of card arrived faulty (a dint all the way through it) so I had to buy a different brand of card to use as I have orders due. The card I bought is still 250gsm but it will only print at the top. I've used some of the faulty card and that has printed perfectly.

I don't understand why it is doing this when they're both the exact same thickness. Any help would be appreciated as I am completely lost with what to do now.

Thanks,

Emma

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,106 31,055 2,571 3,880
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Emmacharlottex I suggest you check for paper settings on the printer, once done, lets start with power reset as per HP standards, here's how we recommend doing it:

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
    • NOTE: 
    • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:

click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation