Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am using a Mac OS X 10.6.8

I had hoped to connect them wirelessly but it wasn't the priority.  What I need was a dependable printer.  I've tried several times to get it to print in color and it only seems to work when I run a test page from the printer itself.  The diagnostics page is 100% correct.

Not sure what to do...

V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the grayscale option selected in the printer driver?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (Thumbs up) button in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Is the grayscale option selected in the printer driver?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (Thumbs up) button in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Happy that my suggestion was able to help you to resolve the issue. Thanks for the kudos and marking the issue as resolved.

HP Recommended

I checked everything I could, including the print driver settings.  Everything is set for color printing.  However, it's still not printing color.  I installed the Basic driver package.  It should still print in color, shouldn't it?

HP Recommended

I can't get the printer to print in color. I put in the ink that came with the printer. I just installed it 30 minutes ago. Help!!!

HP Recommended

where do I find the greyscale?

HP Recommended

Did you get an answer to this? 

HP Recommended

Where is the grayscale option? I can't find this.

HP Recommended

I can't print in color  HP8710,  Mac

I have no idea how to adjust the "grayscale"? / color?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.