Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a static IP address already.

It says it is is current with the updates.

I don't see that your response was responsive to the problem.

What causes the printer to go to the Blinking?

It prints/scans just fine, but 2-3 times a day it goes into the Blinking state.

push the power button it returns to normal.

Don't respond with a "Microsoft like" response of "just reboot"....

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tigerjoe

Welcome to the HP support community.

Are you getting any error messages?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wonder if you are an automatic AI bot or real person.

The description of the problem did not include any errors on the computer.

No errors in printing or scanning after the printer was reset.

The PRINTER goes into a blinking state.  (Power button LED, the side indicator LEDs, and the main screen goes white.

So why does it matter the Operating system.  I have 4 different computers that print with the printer...all different OS.

The PRINTER goes into the Blinking State 2-3 times per day lately.

I tried turning the auto turn on/off to see if I could stop coming into the room with the Blinky state.  nope.

I leave it off, and after I turn it on, it will go into the Blinky state again some time later.

I have not been able to discern an event to cause it to happen. 

I have check the connections of the Power cables.

I have tried to use the HP tool for ensuring up to date firmware/and run the tests that print out completely black pages for the testing....not helpful.

so, I have a printer that I agree is starting to get a bit older, but is the blinking a sign it is going to stop working?

HP Recommended

@Tigerjoe

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.