Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Office Jet Pro 8600 plus is hanging and displaying B8A2F2E8 on the screen. What does this mean?  Above this HEX code is a corrupted graphic.  The power button does not operate.  Reboot by cutting power to the printer for 30 sec and the printer comes back on and works correctly .  It is interesting that 5 other people have reported this error in the last month. with none before April 2021.

? - Virus attack

? - built in obsolesence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LASS6,

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hi @EddyH,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

thank you, I will try your fix

HP Recommended

Sounds good 🙂

keep me posted with the results!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  First time seeing this was this morning (06/02/2021).  Would you please send me the instructions, too?

JackiCooper

HP Recommended

Hi @JackiCooper,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks, Jay_G24!

My printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus; product number CM750A; Model number N911g; FPU number CM750-6400-1.  Serial number is available if you need it.

Jacki

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the exact same number being displayed below a graphic symbol. It started a few days ago. The printer will only reset by removing the power cord. I would like to try the fix mentioned by the HP Customer Service Rep. My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. Product Number CN577A.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lyricalmel,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.