cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My OfficeJet 7500A has started to push the paper too far forward and is printing only half a page.

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My OfficeJet has been working perfectly well for years but suddenly started pushing the paper too far forward before printing so I am now getting only half of each page. I see that this has been an issue with other people but there appears to be no solution posted.

I tried unplugging and replugging, switching on and off again but this doesn't set it back to normal.

Any assistance offered will be gratefully received!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,608 14,603 970 1,148
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@talithamac, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using letter size sheets?

Make sure the papers are correctly loaded in the input tray. You may refer to - Loading Paper and Envelopes for the HP Officejet 7500A (E910a and E910c) Wide Format e-All-in-One Pr...

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Cleaning the paper pick rollers may help resolve this issue. Perform the steps mentioned in this document - An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

I solved the problem by unticking the box "Choose paper source by pdf page size"--all back to normal now.

To answer your question, I'm printing on standard A4 size sheets.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation