cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ItsmeSandy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

My Officejet Pro 8600 will no longer connect wirelessly to my iMac (OS X El Capitan very. 10.11.3)

HP Recommended
Office jet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My iMac and Officejet Pro 8600 used to work flawlessly together, but recently the printer EVERY TIME I try to print any page says "The Printer is not connected".  It says it's "looking for printer" but it never finds it. The ONLY way I've been able to temporarily fix it is to go into the Printer's wireless "settings"  (by the way, the printer on its settings screen says it's "connected") and click OFF for wireless, and then go back onto the Printer's settings screen again just a second later and click ON for wireless. Then, voila!, the computer recognizes it and prints.  But the next time I have a different page to print, I have to go through the same routine again. It will NOT STAY connected. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Easy stuff first. Power off printer and router. Power on router and wait 3 mins. Power on printer and verify it connects. Status?
ItsmeSandy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. It worked!

0 Kudos
DeniseDZ
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sabretooth04 wrote:
Easy stuff first. Power off printer and router. Power on router and wait 3 mins. Power on printer and verify it connects. Status?

I am experiencing the same problem with my Officejet Pro 8600 and my Mac with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3. I tried the solution you gave and it was not successful. It now says that my printer is "idle" but when I send a print job, it never prints. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation