Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My Photosmart D7360 has suddenly stopped printing with accurate color--everything is orangy-pink.  I have changed out the dark blue ink, which is the only one low, and I have cleaned and aligned the printer heads several times without change in print quality.  I tried to download the print doctor, but since I am on a Mac, the software will not download.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

I reviewed the post comprehensively.  Excellent troubleshooting, great resilience and fabulous efforts displayed to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

I am glad that you will get a replacement printer. It is the best route to go. Please visit Hp shopping via http://store.hp.com please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. You could get a phone number also to call them and they will assist you immediately.

Trust me I have done everything possible to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. At least we worked as a team to figure out that the printer is faulty and needs to be replaced. There has been a lot of research and painstaking efforts going into this.

So if you found my steps and suggestions helpful, please mark the post as an accepted solution for several others with the same issue to benefit. Also please Give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help.

I genuinely hope the new printer works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post about the printer printing inaccurate colors. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

• Did you try to make copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer and check if it prints colors correctly?
  • Did you bypass power strips and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet?

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer.

For a start please make  2 copies each both from the flatbed and the ADF of the printer to check if the printer prints correctly.

If it does, please follow the steps in this document to reset the Mac printing system and then add the printer. There is an associated video in the document.

If the copies don't come out fine, then the printer has a hardware issue.

Please try these steps.

• Please perform a hard reset from this link
  • Then bypass power strips and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet.
  • Please follow all the prescribed steps from this document Wrong Colors are Printed and check if the issue is corrected. If the situation continues the printer needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support via this link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Please try these steps patiently and diligently as it is important to try and resolve the issue.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed all the steps you sent me, and the first picture I started printing started fine, but then the colors went crazy.  I attempted to align the cartridges, but I am getting an error message stating that the alignment failed.  Do you have something I can try for that?  Thank you for all your help.

HP Recommended

I am now getting an error message--"Ink system failed.  Oxc18a0101."  I am following the directions on the printer, having turned it off.  It boots back up with the same error message.  

HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Brilliant job, great effort and super troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

This certainly looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please follow all the steps from this link on ink system failure to try and resolve it.

Also please try all these steps for Alignment Unsuccessful errors. If the issue continues, then you will need to contact HP technical support to get the printer replaced.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your kind words and for your help.  The printer alignment seems to be fine now, but now I'm getting ink system failure error messages--Oxc18a0101.  I use genuine HP ink cartridges that have not expired.  All of my ink levels are good.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

I reviewed the super quick response. Please try all the steps from my previous post for ink system errors.

Then try all the steps from this generic HP document for troubleshooting ink system failure errors.

It definitely points to a faulty printer hardware. If it still does not work, please contact Hp phone support to get the printer replaced or upgraded via this link:www.hp.com/contacthp/ Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty. Otherwise, service will be fee-based.

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

David,

I do so appreciate your help with this matter.  However, it appears that after all the work, I will have to replace the printer.  I have had it for a number of years, so I'm not totally shocked by its failure at this point.  I had called HP support the other day, but they were going to charge me $300, so I decided not to go that route, since I could buy a new printer for that price!!!

Thank you again.

Cindy (3Boyzmom1)

HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

I reviewed the post comprehensively.  Excellent troubleshooting, great resilience and fabulous efforts displayed to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

I am glad that you will get a replacement printer. It is the best route to go. Please visit Hp shopping via http://store.hp.com please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. You could get a phone number also to call them and they will assist you immediately.

Trust me I have done everything possible to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. At least we worked as a team to figure out that the printer is faulty and needs to be replaced. There has been a lot of research and painstaking efforts going into this.

So if you found my steps and suggestions helpful, please mark the post as an accepted solution for several others with the same issue to benefit. Also please Give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help.

I genuinely hope the new printer works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @3Boyzmom1,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with a customer that has displayed great credentials as a technician. The copious troubleshooting and investigations performed by you could have turned even Sherlock Holmes green with Envy! 🙂 Fantastic effort. Kudos to a job very well done. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.