cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My Printer will only install as black and white

HP Recommended
HP8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP8720 inkjet printer suddenly will not install on my computer as a color printer. My wife's computer will still print in color, and the test pages printed from the printer's controls are in color. However, whenever I install the printer on my computer, it will only print in black and white. I've deleted and reinstalled the driver. However, there isn't even an option for black and white or color. The HP Smart program did nothing. It still printers black and white. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,442 29,163 5,053 11,549
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That worked for two days. Now, I am completely unable to print AT ALL. It installed a printer driver labeled "Scan Only, do not delete". It installed three separate drivers, "Scan only", the model name, and the model and a device name.

The printer drivers are present in print menus, but not the Windows print driver screen. Your HP Doctor is trying to set it up and repeatedly failing because it "can't connect to the internet" and other nonsense errors.

I don't know what your system did, but now I'm angry. I know the printer works because other computers on the network can connect to it just fine. Why is something so basic being so difficult?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation