Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP OfficeJet 6958 started printing blue text as pink.   I replace two cartridges that showed up as mostly low with the cartridges that you sent me with my ink plan.   It didn't change anything.   I removed all of the cartridges, unplugged my printer for a while, and tried again.   Same result.  I ran HP utilities on my iMac and cleaned the print heads.   Still no cyan.   I went through cleaning level 2.   Testing seems to be lowering all of my cartridge levels, even cyan which hasn't been visible on the printed pages.   I changed the black and yellow out as they now show as empty but they didn't when I started.   So every cartridge has been replaced.   Then I tried cleaning level 3.   The two cartridges I replaced before I started are now less than half full.   Where did the ink go?    I tried to connect on-line but got the following:

This site can’t be reached

h20180.www2.hp.com refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue running Windows10 on an HP computer.  Changed all cartridges this past weekend, ran the HP smart head cleaning, but the blue cartridge won't print, but the ink level is going down.....

George Pettit

HP Recommended

@HowardBrazee and @GPettit, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.