cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My pfficejet 3830 printer keeps on printing in monochrome.

HP Recommended
Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I don't know if im using my app wrong, but when trying to print something in color off of Microsoft paint 3d, it keeps printing in monochrome. Even though I change the settings over to print in color, it always spits it out in monochrome.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,664 29,384 5,078 11,655
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, try printing a Printer Status Report to ensure the hardware itself can print colors correctly:

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c04707093

If it lacks any colors, please let me know.

If the report prints correctly, try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did do that and it prints out all the colors fine. Which is weird. I even tried copying a page out of a book and it printed in color. Im beginning to think it's my app that im using.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation