Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3720

URGENT!!!

My printer doesn't print all what i tell to it to do. I haven't used it for a lot of time and i don't use it a lot. The little times i give it the order to print it doesn't print all the lines of test i told it to do.

I tried to clean it, using cotton and warm water, after watching on youtube how to do it. This didn't help.

PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I REALLY NEED IT!!!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Try a new black ink cartridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Sorry but of course I bought a new cartridge and tried, my bad, i didn't specify.

HP Recommended

Do you get the same results if you print a copy?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, the same result. It doesn’t print everything just some pieces. 

HP Recommended

Did you also change the colour cartridge?

If yes then you have a hardware problem with the printer.

Is the warranty over?

HP Recommended

I tried changing both cartridge but still nothing. Yes, the warranty is over... If it’s a hardware problem I can’t fix it?

HP Recommended

Have you tried printing in single cartridge mode?

HP Recommended

Yes, I have. I tried putting only black and white but still nothing.
Thank you very much for trying to help me, I am very grateful. By the way. 

HP Recommended

One last thing that you can try is a reset of the printer using the front buttons.

I do not know the steps for this printer but Google should be able to find a answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.