Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus 4100
iOS

The ink cartridges are full they have ink. The problem is that when I want to print something nothing comes out on the page. I decided to take out the cartridges to inspect them and i noticed that there is ink at the bottom of the printer. I asked the virtual agent but nothing could be done. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@perla08

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your printer is printing blank pages, I am glad to assist you.

Did you check the ink levels?

If the ink levels are good, follow these steps:-

Check for ink smears on the back of printouts

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Load paper into the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button , press the Cancel button (three times, press the Start Copy Color button (eight times, and then release the Power button.

The printer feeds one page slowly. The printer might make some noise for approximately one minute.

4. Wait until the page is out of the printer before you remove it.

5. Examine the test page.

Manually clean the area around the ink nozzles

1. Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the ink cartridges)

CAUTION: 

Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the ink cartridge contacts. These can damage the ink cartridge or the printer.

2. Press the Power button  to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

3. Open the ink cartridge access door.

4. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

5. Lightly press down on the ink cartridge to release it, and then pull the ink cartridge out of its slot.

Removing the ink cartridgeDo not remove both ink cartridges at the same time. Remove and
clean each ink cartridge one at a time. Do not leave an ink cartridge outside
the printer for more than 30 minutes.
  6. Lightly press down on one of the ink cartridges to release it, and then pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot.

7. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

Image of holding the ink cartridge by its sides

8. Inspect the ink cartridge contacts for ink and debris buildup.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Image of not touching the contacts or nozzles

9. Lightly moisten a foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.

10. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

Image of the ink nozzle and ink cartridge contacts

1. Nozzle plate - Do not clean

2. Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean

3. Ink cartridge contacts - Do not clean

11. Either let the ink cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.

12. Slide each ink cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on each ink cartridge until it snaps into place.

Snapping the ink  cartridge into place

13. Repeat these steps to clean around the nozzles on the other ink cartridge.

14. Close the ink cartridge access door.

15. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

16. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.

Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.