Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Windows 8.1

For some reason, now my printer makes me save everything I want to print first into my documents, then I have to go to the documents to print from there.  This is happening with my desktop Windows 8 and our laptops Windows 7.  I can't just hit print anymore and it will print, can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not the printer who make it, it is Google Chrome which you are using (please correct me if I'm wrong 😉 ).

From the printing dialog of Chrome click the Change button and change from Save as PDF to your printer, then it should print instead of saving the file.

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not the printer who make it, it is Google Chrome which you are using (please correct me if I'm wrong 😉 ).

From the printing dialog of Chrome click the Change button and change from Save as PDF to your printer, then it should print instead of saving the file.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

THANK YOU!  You were right I am using Google Chrome and when i went to the print on there it was save as PDF, can't thank you enough!

HP Recommended

I am unable to print without saving and the previous instructions did not work.  Please advise.

HP Recommended
Do you have to do this each time? I am working with someone that has Google Chrome and each time she wants to print you have to change it to make it print. It's like it loses the printer. If she turns it off she can make it work.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution. I really appreciate the fix. I hope I don't have to fix this everytime I print.

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Printer says save and won't print!

HP Recommended

Hi everyone

I had the same problem.  My hard drive had to be replaced then everytime I tried to print  a document it wanted to save it.  I had my HP Deskjet 3520 saved as the default printer.   THEN I noticed that when I  requested printing, in the box on the right hand side, under 'general' - 'printer' a different device was highlighted (WPS writer - why hadn't I noticed this before!).  I simply deleted this device from my 'devices and printers' and it's solved the problem.  Way hey!!!

Hope this works for you.

HP Recommended

I saw the suggestion, but don't know where to find that Chrome button. I know its an easy fix because I've done it before. Just don't remember solution.

HP Recommended

I use Windows 10 and Google Chrome, and it takes me to Save every time I ask it to Print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.