Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've always purchased OEM HP ink cartridges, but now my HP is rejecting the latest batch I purchased from Staples. Turns out my latest empty one says "Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa," and  the new ones I purchased are actually for US and Canada. I'm in northern California and have no idea how I got the orignial one.

So, how to now get the appropriate local, correct OEM cartridges to work? I know I need to contact someone for the reset, but which contact on the HP "contact us" is appropriate? Looks like it's only M-F, so no printing for me for two days.

It also looks like I need to print out some stats to have those numbers ready. I can try to print color only, but which printouts/numbers do they need?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called the customer service number. It took the HP rep maybe 7 minutes to fix the problem. I had to allow him to take control of my laptop. He went in and changed some information and voila!  My correct US ink cartridges now work. YAY! Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AGWright

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, your printer need regionalization,

I would suggest you contact our phone support to perform regionalization,

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

HP Recommended

@AGWright

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I called the customer service number. It took the HP rep maybe 7 minutes to fix the problem. I had to allow him to take control of my laptop. He went in and changed some information and voila!  My correct US ink cartridges now work. YAY! Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.